Monday 30 November 2020

Will You? by S. J. Crabb

 2.5 Stars

This has turned out to be a completely unmemorable read.  Even with the help of my trusty notebook, the publisher's blurb and reading some other reviews I still can't really remember the plot or the people.  Looks like my rating was pretty accurate based on that.

All I can really remember is the main protagonist's landlord gets taken in by a gold digging piece of work who wants our heroine evicted from the shop as well as to take all his money.  Somehow this plot gets foiled and she "gets hers".  Oh and the love interest from school opens a rival shop that just happens to sell chocolate and he asks our heroine to be his pretend girlfriend so he can claim an inheritance.  I remembered more than I thought!

Certainly was a quick read and sort of light hearted fun but I cannot help but think that a lot of it was speed reading to get it over and done with.  I have read and enjoyed this author before and everyone is allowed a blip - hopefully this book is Ms Crabb's blip.  It just stepped too far in to the realms of implausibility for my taste - even in a chic lit novel.

This review has been a long time coming.  I actually read this book between the 20th and 21st June 2020 so my memory is a bit foggy about all the plot lines.  Fortunately, I have a notebook where I jot some initial thoughts on the book and an overall ranking so between the book blurb and that I did have a reasonable handle on what I thought at the time of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...