Sunday 29 November 2020

My Sweet Revenge by Jane Fallon

 Honestly, I am relying on my notebook for this review as I don't really remember too much about this book.  What I can say is at a time when I was struggling to concentrate on reading I did get through it in only 2 days and clearly enjoyed it as it has been given 2 Stars.

There is definitely a thread in Jane Fallon's novels - cheating spouse and getting revenge on said spouse.  To be honest that theme is getting a bit tired now and I was a little dubious starting the book as it seemed to be so much of the same old, same old from this author.  However, I enjoyed the read as it did bring some nice twists and turns to the theme.  Particularly getting to see the same experience from both the wife and the mistresses's viewpoints and how badly both of them misread each situation.  Like anything in life, neither of them really have all the information but they both make judgements feeling they are right when they are so very, very wrong.

Some good sarcastic humour in the book which is probably why I read it so quickly and why I rated it so highly.  There is also a really good understanding of what makes people tick and this leads to deep and fully dleshed out characterisations.  Not a book to be taken too seriously but certainly a wonderful accompaniment to coffee and cake.

This review has been a long time coming.  I actually read this book between the 17th and 18th June 2020 so my memory is a bit foggy about all the plot lines.  Fortunately, I have a notebook where I jot some initial thoughts on the book and an overall ranking so between the book blurb and that I did have a reasonable handle on what I thought at the time of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...