Monday 23 November 2020

Lego Downtown Fire Brigade 60216

 There is a LOT going on in this kit and definitely gives a large amount of play value.  From the training tower to a bit of street construction to vehicles (both air and land) there is a lot to do when it is all built.  There is a lot to build and although there are some large extruded pieces it will still take you a good while.

I think my favourite thing is the detailing on the training tower.  Particularly the two lion heads on the pediment at the top of the building.  Genuinely got a "WOW" out of me when I saw the moulded pieces and really made the whole set for me.  This is a surprise because it has the Light & Sound brick for the top of the fire truck and I love that particular piece.

The only downside for me was that I could not get the rear of the truck to connect properly to the engine portion.  I am only going to have this displayed in my city so it's not a big problem but it did frustrate me.  Could just have been that it was late in the day and I had spent several hours building already but could be a problem for you too.

Overall this is a great and very full set.  Allows you to create a lot of different scenarios and with the inclusion of the construction workers and models you can even split it up for different areas of your city.

Number Of Pieces: 943

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 3 Hours















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...