Thursday 12 November 2020

Lego Mobile Crane 42108

 Okay, this is one of the tougher builds I have done.  I will readily admit I had a mini meltdown about 3/4 of the way through as suddenly the boom arm did not work.  Cue the other half checking online builds and going through the remainder of the instruction book.  His advice "have faith".  Fortunately I did and carried on with the build and suddenly the boom arm is working.  He then decided to advise that it has a split differential built in and because I was only halfway through that mechanism that is why it wasn't working all of a sudden.  So, if you are like me and check your mechanisms in a Technic build as you go be warned you will have a moment of panic when it suddenly stops operating as expected.

This is definitely one item that would benefit from Instructions Plus but it doesn't have them.  I also had an issue early in the build where I had flipped the chassis plates and had to take a few steps back and dismantle pieces to rectify my mistake.

So, lots of issues in the build but they were all of my own making and not a problem with the product or the instructions.  This was a challenging build but I REALLY enjoyed it.  The finished crane is great looking and is operationally fabulous.  It even has the bracing legs that you wind up and down for when then crane is in use or being transported.

STICKER ALERT!  Yes, there are an awful lot of stickers on this build and, as we know, I loathe stickers.  I did put them on but most are ever so slightly out of true but I can live with it.

Number Of Pieces: 1292

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 6.25 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...