Saturday 14 November 2020

Lego Ghost Train Express 70424

 This is MUCH larger than I anticipated.  I am constantly surprised by the size and detail of the Lego trains, no matter what the overall theme.  Fortunately it just about fits nicely on my shelving display and I didn;t have to do too much juggling to squidge it in there.

The build starts with the station building and it caused a lot of little squees of joy whilst constructing it.  Clicking bits together and suddenly realising it makes a recycling bin or, my personal favourite, a ticket machine gives me an inordinate amount of pleasure.  Yes, I am a child in a late middle aged woman's body or a chubby 10 year old girl according to the other half.

I enjoyed every minute of this build and the 2 hours it took absolutely flew past.  The engine of the train is particularly impressive and the transformation from normal to haunted works really well.  Yes, I did spend about 20 minutes gleefully flapping the wings.  Throw in a couple of possessed options for the train crew and we have a definite winner.

STICKER ALERT!  There are an awful lot of stickers in this set and they are the bane of my life.  Even worse it has the tiny cracked window ones that, in my opinion, don't really work effectively.  I did place them all but I'm not the happiest with how some of them look.

Number Of Pieces: 698

Approximate Price Per Piece: RETIRED PRODUCT

Build Time: 2 Hours










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...