Thursday 12 August 2021

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put something new in to each one.  Be it a slightly different technique, a new use for a brick or simply just some cool gadgetry to decorate your mech with.  This particular beast has the lot (okay, so the gadgetry is actually just a couple of tiles with stickers applied but it works for me).

Once built the mech itself is nicely sturdy and ahs a good heft to it.  If you are going to be playing with it though I would probably remove the "spoiler" from the back of the helmet as it is only held on with 2 hinge pieces and it is going to fly off eventually.  The wheel pieces on the back do look a bit odd but looked at from the fornt this is a hulking beast in unusual colours.

The only real downside for me was that the figure does not transform in to the car.  You have to pull it in bits and then reconfigure it into the car.  Yes, not as onerous a task as breaking one build down and then constructing another as at least you pull it apart in chunks.  I was really hoping it would involve a bit of plastic origami but sadly it is more like plastic butchery.  The car itself is all a bit of a let down after the stunning looks of the mech so mine will defintiely be displayed as the mech.

Whilst I am disappointed about the non-transforming mech I have still given this full marks.  Simply put, for the price point the detailing on the mech is so GOOD and it is definitely tough enough for some rough play.  Even better the colours are so strong it really pops on an overcrowded display shelf and that makes me VERY happy.

This is a great set - yes there are things I would have liked to see but for the price point I know I am asking for a little bit too much.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 369

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.08

Build Time: 1 Hour













 Why not watch the Unboxing and Review of this set on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...