Thursday 12 August 2021

Lego Lakitu Sky World 71389

 I was really excited about this set just off the images alone.  I don't know why but this set just makes me grin when I look at it.  The build experience was a lot of fun but you do need to either download instructions in pdf format onlione or download the Super Mario app to be able to get the instructions as they do not come in the box.

The set comes with Lakitu in his cloud (sadly he doesn't have any flame bombs to throw at you), you also get a bullet bill to defeat as well.  One the power up side there is a time block.  Even if you only set this course up the 60 second default time limit is a tight one so you will need those precious extra seconds.  The whole idea is to leap in to one of the cloud caddies and then slide back and forth to make Lakitu spin and eventually fall out of the ky.  You can then Mario stomp him in to submission and collect those coins.

The mechanism works really well unless you have Mario in the sky cloud and then he is just too heavy for it to spin successfully.  Only a minor issue and it really doesn't damage the gameplay.  Although this doesn't give you much in the way of ability to vary the challenge it is so well engineered you really won;t feel cheated by that aspect.

I absolutely love this set and I might even try and find some display space for it because it makes me smile that much.

PLEASE NOTE:  The Mario figure, start pipe and end flag are NOT included in this pack.  They need to be purchased separately and are necessary for the gameplay to function.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 484

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 1 Hour








 

Why not check out my Unboxing and Review over on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...