Monday 30 November 2020

Lego Harley-Davidson Fat Boy 10269

 Whilst I enjoyed this build I can't help but feel like there is something missing on it, can't put my finger on what but there is just something a bit off about it.  It could be the flat grey of the exhaust system, usually these sections are chromed and the wheels are decidedly odd looking - again no chrome.  Even if a chrome-esque finish isn't possible for cost reasons then at least make them from the silver rather than a flat blah grey.

Other than that the build was fun - despite me rolling my eyes at the chain build.  43 segments isn't too bad but I still have nightmares from the other chained pieces I've built (Roller Coaster and Haunted House) and connecting this was as much of a pain - I have fat fingers (no nice way to put it) so trying to connect it in a restricted space is a challenge to say the least.

Everything fits together snuggly and it felt really sturdy when I was carrying it upstairs to put it in it's display spot.  I like the fact that the base slots in to the model rather than connecting to it, makes for a much securer way to display as even if I knock the shelf when arranging displays on another shelf it wobbles a little but I know it isn't going to break apart.

Some nice build techniques that whilst I have used them before they are used to good effect here to create a unique display piece.  Generally very happy with this completed model.

Number Of Pieces: 1023

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.08

Build Time: 3 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...