Tuesday 24 November 2020

What Happened To The Book Reviews?

 To be honest I have barely picked a book up in recent months and although I have a back log of reviews to write for finished books I just haven't got the impetus to get caught up just yet.

As everyone knows 2020 has been a very peculiar year for us all.  I'm based in the UK and our first lockdown started on the 23rd March and we are currently heading towards the end of our second lockdown.  However, due to health issues my lockdown started on the 18th March.  Since then I have been out of the house for food shopping, getting my medications, topping the utilities up and buying Lego.  So, with the exclusion of Lego literally just things that had to be done.  I'm fortunate enough to be working from home and haven't had to experience furlough, I have lost all my overtime which is a real pain as that was my discretionary budget so I will be honest and say I have taken on a lot of debt these last few months but what's done is done and at least I have physical objects to show for said debt (Lego!).

As you can probably tell from the only posts on here I have replaced reading with building Lego.  There are MANY reasons for this but the main one is I have found it very difficult to concentrate on reading.  Where I could once literally read for 6 or 8 Hours I find trying to go more than 10 minutes really difficult.  I want to be doing as it keeps my brain shut down from those thoughts we try and avoid, the obnoxious voice in your head that is just there to damage you.  I started baking and although I still bake occasionally it is only occasional as most of it ends up in the bin as there is only me that eats it so that's tapered off.  Cue trying an old childhood favourite - Lego.  This has been my saviour throughout 2020.  It makes me happy on so many levels and I love just sitting in my bedroom or living room and looking at my displayed completed kits and remembering the builds.

So, what's the future for my main purpose of this blog - Book Reviews?

I am going to start trying to catch the old reviews back up.  They will probably be really vague though as the period I have to review is 31st March to 13 August.  Although, there really aren't that many books to review for this span.

I also have 2 books that remain unfinished one I started on the 28th May and the other on the 13th August.  In fact until recently I had not read a book (physical or on Kindle) since about the 15th August and that is really not like me.  However, I did pick up an old favourite on the 10th November and read a few chapters over a couple of days.  I do intend to have a bit of a read of that today and am looking forward to it.

One of my other distractions has been watching You Tube, especially True Crime.  The main channels that have been distracting me from picking a book up are:

True Crime Content:

Bailey Sarian

Stephanie Harlowe 

Kendall Rae 

Historical Sewing Content:

Bernadette Banner 

Documentary Style Abandoned Content:

Bright Sun Films 

The Proper People

Right, off to catch my Lego reviews up and then hopefully write a book review, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...