Monday 30 November 2020

Lego Haunted High School 70425

 Don't be put off by the pack art, this is a really incredible build.  Unfortunately, the pack art on the Hidden Side series really does not draw you in and make you want to build it.  They all look identical with a heavy reliance on the ghost hunting aspect of the A.R. App.  This definitely does the sets a real disservice as you can't really see what you would be getting for your money and trust me, this kits are great value.  You don't need the app to get a lot of playability from them and if you are building for display these really have something special.

Some fun building techniques in this particular large build.  The mechanism for the claws is fun to construct and works well.  Even better the eyes work via the clock in the centre of the wall.  Definitely some nice little touches there.  Once you turn the set aorund you have a full playset style school to play around in.  Chock full of little details but the best has to be the swinging blackboard with the ghostly teddy bear.  With a host of mini figures included there is plenty to sink your teeth into.

I could be on my own here but I prefer the non-spooky option.  For once I didn't make any of my characters in to the possessed version as the school building just looks better to me without the monster on display.

Number Of Pieces: 1474

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 4.25 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...