Tuesday 24 November 2020

Lego Destiny's Bounty 71705

 Although I have purchased quite a few of the Ninjago sets because I really like the look of a lot of them.  I have never watched the Ninjago series so the actual characters and their stories are a mystery to me but many of these kits just look so aesthetically pleasing to me that I had to grab them.  So, finally got around to building my first one and thought I might as well start with the biggest one I own - go big or go home am I right!

This would have probably been a 5 star review as the completed ship does look really good and it has a decent amount of play value with a lot of mini figures included.  However, it is a little fragile feeling in places and I am not sure how well it would stand up to being played with properly.

One of my other problems with the set is the placement of the black half circles on the "bridge" area of the ship.  It is a technique I have used previously but for some reason I just cannot get them to sit securely when fitting as per the instructions.  I am going to have to modify them a little bit as I hate the way they just don't sit flush the way they should.  Connecting the winged pieces at the rear of the ship is also far more fiddly than it needs to be and I know they are supposed to be posable but they just feel loose and like they will pop back off if you play with them too much.

On the upside the sails look great when in place and the mechanism to flap them is really clever.  The little bridge house easily pops on and off as it is fitted like the levels on a modular building.  Even better it opens out flat so you can use it as a little playset.  I do love the dragon head figurehead for the ship too, looks a lot better in real life than it does on the pack images.

Overall, well worth the price and well worth the time spent building it.  Looks great on the shelf and no doubt it will look even better when I have got around to building some more of the series.

Number Of Pieces: 1781

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 6 Hours








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...