Thursday 5 November 2020

Lego Iron Man Helmet 76165

 Having built the Star Wars Helmet 2020 Range I was really excited about getting my hands on this one and building it.  So much so I built it the same day I purchased it.  This may have coloured my judgement on the build as I was so excited to get started that I probably built it up in my expectations far more than it could ever meet.  Safe to say I felt completely disappointed in the end product.

The build technique was familiar from the Star Wars Helmets but somehow it felt like it was a really scaled down version of them.  Size wise it feels to be smaller than the approximate 1/3 scale of the others and yet when put on the shelf they do seem to be fairly similar in size.

I think the worst thing for me is that the stickers used for the eyes are decidedly odd.  They throw the whole thing off for me and really spoil the finished look of the Helmet.  So much so he has gone a low shelf tucked in with the Mech Suits as I'm not going to be doing much gloating over this finished piece.  The shaping and colouring are good so it is a real shame that those eyes spoil it.

Number Of Pieces: 480

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.11

Build Time: 2 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...