Tuesday 27 October 2020

Lego Yoda 75255

 I was really excited to build this figure and I wasn't sure how the outline would be achieved.  Turns out it is a base frame made from Technic pieces that everything then clips on to.  Very similar in technique to how the Brick Headz are assembled in some ways.  I did expect to have pop off issues when assembling but fortunately this did not happen and it all went together smoothly.

Well, I say I had no issues with the build.  I did - Bag 5 cost me about 40 minutes as I managed to get my spacing wrong and had to deconstruct and start from scratch.  I am pretty sure it would have been clearer on the Instructions Plus online but I prefer the paper booklets and on one little section the perspective makes it hard to tell exactly where two plates fit together.  That is MY excuse and I am sticking to it (it's nothing to do with being hungry and deferring eating to build).

Once completed Yoda really does dominate the display area.  My favourite bit is the hood on the rear of his costume.  The way it is sculpted out of square bricks is impressive.  Also, the pack art makes his eyes look extremely weird.  In real life he looks so much better facially than the pack art would have you believe.

Number Of Pieces: 1771

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.05

Build Time 5.5 Hours

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...