Wednesday 28 October 2020

Lego Porsche 911 RSR 42096

 This is my first large Technic build and having seen this built up in a local store I just couldn't wait to create my own version.  It is surprisingly large when completed and even though I had seen one built it still shocked me when I saw the completed size.

STICKER WARNING! This kit is sticker heavy.  Yes, they do enhance the look of the vehicle in general but some of them I just could not get right.  The way the word Porsche is spread over the rear spoiler just looks a mess and I really did my best with it.  This is such a visible piece on the completed vehicle and so torturous to even approximate how it should look I feel it should have been preprinted.  Whilst I'm on a moan I will also mention I got just over 3 Hours in to the build and found I was missing a 1 x 15 strut piece.  I even double checked the build up to that point and I had not used a wrong part so it was definitely missing (even after thorough bag, box and floor checks).  Thank goodness for stash as I couldn't imagine having to wait for a replacement part after spending so long building.

Now on to the good stuff. I LOVED THIS BUILD.  Honestly, I just kept going and going until it was finished and I never felt jaded or tired whilst constructing the vehicle.  I even had to be forced to stop to eat.  Honestly this was really absorbing and watching the vehicle emerge from a bunch of random looking connectors and struts was incredible and made me immeasurably happy.

If you are on the fence about getting a larger Technic kit I cannot recommend this vehicle highly enough.  If anything it was actually easier than the smaller sets I've built.  The only thing I would say is make sure you have a large stable building surface as this thing really takes up some space.

Number Of Pieces: 1580

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.09

Build Time: 7.75 Hours







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...