Sunday 25 October 2020

Lego Deep Sea Creatures 31088

 I am terrible at breaking kits down and from looking at the box I just knew that I would want to build all 3 of the underwater creatures included in this pack so bought 3.  Before opening them I presumed the additional builds would be downloadable instructions from the Lego website so went to download them.  This led me to find out that there was a "secret" fourth build of the Whale.  Fortunately the outlet where I purchased this kit still had one left so I snapped that up so I could build all 4.  Yes, I am aware this is an ADDICTION!

On opening the packs I discovered that the pack comes with separate instruction booklets for the Shark, the Squid and the Angler Fish.  Because some of the moulded pieces that are a little odd you cannot build multiple creatures from one kit and, apart from the Shark, most of them leave you with lots of spares.  Good for the stash that's for sure.

The only oddity in the kit is the really strange looking crab.  I honestly only made one of those but I did make a couple of the little red fishes because they are cute.

Anyone else think the whale looks like the Sperm Whale from Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy? Just Me?

Great looking builds that were a great deal of fun to create.  Even better they look fab on my shelf with my other Ocean Exploration kits.

Number Of Pieces: 230

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06

Build Time:
Shark - 40 Minutes
Squid - 25 Minutes
Angler Fish - 30 Minutes
Whale - 20 Minutes











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...