Thursday 29 October 2020

Lego Assembly Square 10255

 It took me 3 days to build this over 2 weeks because real life and having to work kept getting in the way.  Even when only part way through it looked great on the shelf and I made the decision that my in progress shelf was going to become a display shelf as I had to have this in my living room where I can gloat over it and I am still enjoying it.

Lots of fun build techniques here, especially for the ground floor shop signage.  One downside is the use of garage doors for the patisserie shop windows, those things took me far longer to fit than they should have done and they aren't even fitted properly, just sort of propped in place and held in place by hope.  On the up side NO STICKERS, any detailing is done by preprinted bricks.

The roof creation is awesome and the detailing looks incredible when finished, although why there is a chicken statue on the patisserie building roof I have no clue.  One of my favourite bits of any modular build is the tiling on the base to create the external street and this is incredible on Assembly square.  It does mean that you cannot really separate the buildings for individual placement though.

There are so many businesses tucked away in this build that I can't actually remember them all.  My favourites are the ballet studio and the dentist's office

Just looking at it side on now and I realised the top level of my patisserie store isn't sitting right - might have something to do with a piece being missing from the kit but I cobbled something together.  Think that is going to have to come off the shelf now so I can try and fix it.

Number Of Pieces: 4002

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.05

Build Time: 11 Hours

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...