Thursday 29 October 2020

Lego Bookshop 10270

 I am a huge fan of the modular builds so it was a no brainer for me to get this one when I saw it.  Especially as before I started being obsessed with Lego I was an avid reader - definitely past tense as I haven't picked a book up for about 3 months now which is so not me.  Anyhow, on to the actual review.

There are lots and lots of little details within the buildings themselves and, for me, discovering those is what makes the build really exciting for me.  I don't really research a kit before buying it or examine all the pack images omce it is in my sweaty little hands so builds like this with loads of little internal details make me "squee" whilst building.  Definitely lots of that going on with this build.

First off the external looks of this set are excellent and I even like that pesky Birch Tree (although I would have liked a set of optional green "leaves" for it instead of it being permanentily autumn).  Nice to have an actual residence next to the store instead of just retail outlets, depending on how you display your modulars you could separate them out as they just Technic pin together.

The internal stairs in the Bookshop are built, which I always enjoy.  Yes, it is repetitive but something soothing about doing the same motions again and again to produce a finished look.  They also look better finished than the premoulded ones.

Even better there are NO STICKERS!  Where detailing is needed it is preprinted - heaven for my sausage fingers.

Number Of Pieces: 2504

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06

Build Time: 6.5 Hours












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...