Sunday 25 October 2020

Lego Downtown Diner 10260

 This modular build really drew my eye and I have been constantly drooling over it both online and at our local store.  Then when I decided it was time to buy wouldn't you know it was Out Of Stock everywhere - typical right.  Roll forward a couple of weeks and it was back in stock at my local store so it was a no brainer to buy it and start the build ASAP.

I thoroughly enjoyed this build.  I deliberately don't look too deep in to a kit before I build it so that all the little details contained inside come as a surprise when I am building.  Just adds to the experience for me.  There are some real stand out pieces in the interiors the main one being the Jukebox, although I knew there was one in the set the build technique obscured what it was going to be until I finished it - yes, I did get all squealy when I figured out what it was.

The addition of the Gym and the Recording Studio on the upper levels really enhances the set.  

I had some issues getting the booth seats in the right place as the printed instructions weren't the clearest but I figured out how to place them so they got secured by the surrounding elements.  The real issue was building the fire escape at the back.  The technique was new to me and I managed to build it anti-clockwise instead of clockwise so that didn't work initially.  Finally figured it out and it looks great from the back.

From the front I love the way the diner looks.  You have the traditional styled building at the top with the retrofitted front for the diner.  Wonderful 1950s styling the reminds me of the way some of the buildings in a local seaside town have been renovated over the years and updated in to clashing styles.  Looks great next to my Bookstore modular as well.

Number Of Pieces: 2480

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.05

Build Time: 8.75 Hours










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...