Wednesday 28 October 2020

Lego Compact Crawler Crane 42097

 This is one of my favourite Technic Kits.  There is just something about the look of this crane when displayed with all 4 legs out and the boom extended to the fullest that just looks great.  It does take up quite a substantial amount of space but looks great on the shelf.

None of the bags are numbered so you have a little bit of sorting to do before you can start building.  However, get some plastic tubs spread out and it makes finding the bits easier and stops those pesky connectors from slipping down on to the floor.  

I was surprised how quickly this crane assembled.  Now it could just be that I have built some large Technic kits recently so my brain is used to deciphering the instructions for them or it could just be quite a straight forward build.  Be warned though there are a LOT of stickers in this set.  Even worse some of them are 1x1 size and trying to get those on straight is next to impossible.  I did add them all but a couple of them look a bit skew-whiff.

The stabilising leg build is a little bit repetitive but well worth it as the functionality of them is excellent.  In fact the functionality of the whole crane blew me away.  Had a lot of fun raising and lowering the boom and retracting and extending the legs.  Definitely one of the best builds I have done so far - wins on both the build experience and the finished look.

Number Of Pieces: 920

Approximate Price Per Piece: RETIRED PRODUCT

Build Time: 4 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...