Sunday 25 October 2020

Lego Ocean Exploration Ship 60266

 I do have a love/hate relationship with this kit.  I understand that one of the big selling points of this ship is the fact that it floats.  However, this means that the base comes in to complete moulded pieces which allows for the lightness and air gaps needed for it to actually function on water.  Whilst I appluad this from a playability point of view, from a building point of view it felt like I was cheating somehow.  That said, all the little details and extra bits and bobs really elevate this set - I really loved the shipwreck piece.

The ship itself has working cranes and raising and lowering the shark cage is more fun that a 50 year old should admit to having.  Throw in a detailed ships bridge and crew quarters and there are lots of options for little fingers to play with this unit on dry land or the bathtub.

Not only do you get standard mini figures with this set - including some divers - but you get some pre-moulded sea creatures.  The shark is nice but my favourite is the stingray.

The build was fun but I would love to see a non-floating version where I can build from the hull up.

Number Of Pieces: 745

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.17

Build Time: 2.5 Hours







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...