Tuesday 27 October 2020

Lego TIE Fighter Pilot Helmet 75274

 This has to be my favourite of the three current Star Wars Helmets.  I did worry that he would look a little smeary but the bricks didn't seem to hold my fingerprints too much from clicking him together.  The tubing I thought would be two plastic sections that slid on to a flexible rod but NO - you do build the tubing when made me happier than it should have.  Took a bit of tweaking when they were clicked in to place to make them space properly around the curve but worth the fiddle.

There is a tiny sticker sheet and worth using them to complete the overall look.

The build technique is very similar to Brick Headz and the designers have used bright bricks on the base structure so you can easily make sure you are working on the correct "face" of the 360 model.  Adding the external "plates" to the base is surprisingly simple and I had no pop off issues.

The finished piece is about 1/3 life size so quite a substantial piece for your display.  To be honest he really stands out on the shelf display and does draw your eye - even when displayed next to the other 2 released at the moment.

Number Of Pieces: 724

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.08

Build Time: 2.25 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...