Thursday 29 October 2020

Lego Haunted House 10273

 I was so excited to receive this kit but I knew that it would be a hefty build so I was saving it up for my planned time off work.  Lets face it, 2020 is a bust holiday wise so how better to spend your time than building?

This build absolutely flew past.  There is so much to see as you build and there are even little details in the build manual that explain what each artifact is that the Baron has on display.  I loved all the throw backs to The Adventurers sets, I may have missed out on them but can dream of owning them I guess.

The use of the Light Brick is fun and I love the way it makes a "hidden image" appear in the portrait.  Try it, it's fun!  The main draw of this is the lift ride and it is the the last thing you build (more or less).  Clicking the chain together was a breeze (easier than 203 of the blooming things for the Roller Coaster) and installation went well.  However, the first time I used it I hadn't secured the carriage in to the lift properly (don't make my mistake make sure you clip it in to place) so it went up fine but on the drop the carriage jolted loose and jammed in the shaft.  This also tore one of the grey breaking plates (thank you Lego for giving me 3 in my kit).  So, I had to take the tower apart to free the elevator and then to rethread the chain.  Now works smoothly but, to be honest, this is on display on a high shelf so I can't really play with it.

My favourite piece though is the organ.  It just looks so cool built up and I can't believe how well it turned out - little mini masterpiece.

For those that care - NO STICKERS!  Everything is pre-printed so no nasty fiddly bits that never end up looking right.

Number Of Pieces: 3231

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 8.25 Hours









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...