Thursday 3 September 2020

Lockdown Changes You

 Well, this started out as a blog about book reviews but I haven't posted one in months.  Then again I haven't picked up a book or my Kindle in nearly 2 weeks.  Admittedly, I do have about 30 book reviews to write just haven't got the will.

Since lockdown started I started baking again and developed a serious Lego habit.  To be honest I'm enjoying doing rather than just vegetating on the couch with someone else's adventures in my hands.  I know I'll get back to devouring a book a day but for now it's create, create, create with either Urbex videos or True Crime videos running on You Tube to keep me company.

My favourites at present are:

Bailey Sarian - Started with the Murder, Mystery and Make Up series that she posts every Monday after seeing a couple of episodes on my Facebook feed and got completely hooked.  She has the most wonderful voice and can really tell a story!  So much so I've even watched some of her make up tutorials and I don't even own a lipstick (no, really, I don't even own lipstick!).  About to start relistening/watching that series as I'm almost all caught up

 The Proper People - Urbex done RIGHT.  They go to some wonderful places and are really honest - if a place more or less sucks they admit it.  No click bait thumbnails and no needless bigging up of what they find.  Learnt some cool stuff off them and seen some stunning interiors.

Exploring With Josh - Vaguely respectful Urbex and Josh is like an overexcited puppy.  He does have a tendency for clickbait thumbnails and to jumping to conclusions BUT no planted stuff or weird claims.  He's just fun and was my introduction to the world of Urbex.

Bernadette Banner - Sewing channel but with the making of historical garments as accurately as she can.  There is something so soothing and hopeful about Bernadette that I just love watching her create these beautiful clothes that I am so jealous of.  I think it is a nostalgia thing as my mum made 90% of our clothes and I was the designated pattern cutter because I cannot sew.  I can get by with handsewing but me and a machine don't mix and handsewing a whole garment just takes far too long for me.


So, with restrictions still in place and a decided disinterest in going out for more than a weekly shop it's back to Lego and You Tube for me - well, for today.  Tomorrow is a baking day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...