Monday 7 September 2020

Lego Central Perk 21319

 Two of my favourite features of this kit are the arc lights that remind you it is based on a real set and then the fact that there are so many pre-printed pieces instead of stickers.  There are a few stickers (we don't talk about the mess I made of the Reserved one) but very few and this made for a much more pleasant building experience.

I am sort of a F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan and have probably seen each episode several times and do regularly quote it.  It hasn't worn particularly well but only because the world has moved on so much since the series started and it does feel really alien for there to be no mobile phones or social media.  Still enjoy it though and when I saw this kit I thought it looked fun but it was not at the top of my "I Want" list.

I am so glad I got it, this is a really detailed build.  Most of the floor is built rather than being a traditional base plate and I loved the way the rugs are built and then slotted in, give a great finish and was a new building technique for me.  Lots of details particularly around the serving counter and we even get a Gunther minifigure to serve the all important coffee and you can even build the espresso machine.

The minifigures are easily recognisable as the particular character they represent which pleased me.  Hard to get all 7 in the set once it's built but I managed after a bit of fiddling.  Currently it is a temporary shelf which is a bit dark so you can't see it properly but when I get my new shelves it will look great.

Also, quick shout out to the included booklet.  Little biographies on each of characters and some information on the design team and the lucky Lego Fan who's idea it was.  Clear building instructions and I only had to do a bit of deconstruction a couple of times because I hadn't counted spaces properly.

Lots of play value with this one but even better as a decoration.

Number Of Bricks: 1,070

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06

Build Time: 3.5 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...