Monday 7 September 2020

Lego London Bus 10258

 I really like vehicle models and as I work in a transport adjacent industry and have done for a number of years in different areas this kit seemed like a logical fit.  It is a classic looking double decker bus that brings to mind the old Routemaster buses that not only ran in London but were prevalent in Manchester in the late 1980s that I used to get to and from Uni every day.

First off, lets talk about the punny destinations - they gave the other half an I a great deal of pleasure and amusement.  Brickston, Yellow Brick Road, Brickadilly Circus and Twobytwo Square.  

There are quite a lot of stickers in this kit and they are my nemesis.  The ones for the number plates and destinations weren't too bad but I really struggled with the ones for the advertising signage on the sides.  Fortunately, I can report they peel off and restick easily and of the 6 on the side signage I think I had to remount 5.

There is some repetitive building - all those seats!  However, it didn't get boring which I thought making 14 seats for the top deck after making around 12 for the bottom deck would have tipped me over the edge but I still enjoyed it.  Helped that it became almost like piece work and I was watching a Lego Expo video and discussing it with the other half as I assembled them.

Great build that is really a display piece but the wheels work and there is no reason why the mini figures wouldn't fit that you may have in your stash if you wanted to play with it.  I'm happy shoving this on a display shelf so I can look at it and grin.

Number Of Pieces: 1,686

Average Price Per Piece: £0.06

Build Time: 5.75 Hours





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...