Thursday 3 September 2020

Lego Temple of Anubis 5988

 We're in the middle of a very slow clear out here and part of that is opening cupboards that we haven't actually been into for, without a word of a lie or exaggeration, 5 years and probably longer.  In my mind this means just put it all in bin bags and stash them in the small lean to in the back until we have a skip full and then get said skip - we can apologise to the neighbours afterwards for opening a branch of Steptoe's Yard.  Turns out there is going to be less thrown out than we thought as there are some genuine collectable items stuffed in there - probably why they are stuffed in there to be honest.  Some of it we could likely list and sell on eBay but neither of us has the patience even if the cash would be good so back in the cupboard it goes.

However, one little gem we stumbled on was a huge metal tin full to the brim with some Lego pieces that very definitely looked like a set and a really cool one with large pieces printed with faux-Egyptian hieroglyphs and murals.  No instruction booklet and no idea which kit it is but lets use the power of Google for good.  Lo and behold we found the kit and thanks to Lego being the geniuses they are I could download the pdf of the build instructions direct from their website for free.

So, instead of starting on the London Bus that was pencilled in as yesterday's build of choice here's what I really made:








Talk about a FIND!

I am thrilled with it and I only wish it was still in production as I would definitely be buying the whole range.

Only problem I have is where to put it now it's built - my display cabinet is full of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter kits.  The only big shelf in the living room just has room for the Roller Coaster and I have vehicles crammed in to the shelf underneath it that are more dumped than displayed.  For now it is languishing on the shelf under the telephone but that means you can't really see it so rethink due on that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...