Wednesday 9 September 2020

Lego Guarded Fortress 71362

 Makes a great first level boss arrangement, the Baby Bowser figure from the Starter Course works really well on here, especially after you've defeated the Koopa.  The castle itself looks great built and there are a lot of elements that you can separate out and use to build your own design course.

I wasn't particularly keen on the layout of this kit as is, the hinged plates just look ugly and it felt like a way to keep the piece count and therefore the price down.  I would have rather paid a little bit more and had clean, straight lines.  The Piranha Plant looks great but it doesn't pull back as well as the in app video shows, not a big issue if there are two of you playing as one can move him after the other hits the trigger point.

The big downside for me was that you have no build instructions in the kit it all has to be downloaded through the app.  Make sure your device has full battery before you start, especially if you are building multiple sets in the series at the same time or else you can get in the situation I was in where 2 bags from the end my battery died.

The 1 minute timer does mean you have no hope of completing a large course.  I thought it would be nice if when you click Start on the app it asks you which kits you have your course built from and it adjusts the timer to suit.

Number Of Pieces: 468

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 1.5 Hours





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...