Wednesday 9 September 2020

Lego King Boo and the Haunted Yard 71377

 This is one of my favourite pieces out of the whole of Super Mario Cycle One.  I have been eyeing it up on the Lego Website for a couple of weeks and decided that I was not getting the rest of the collection until I got this one.  Then I stumbled across it in a local store and it really made my Saturday.

We had a bit of a "discussion" about who was building it but unfortunately my 28 year old son won that one so I didn't get to build this set.  It looks absolutely wonderful built and is definitely a great display item as well as having play value.  This is the only kit with brown base plates but seeing as King Boo is a game boss you can put this anywhere on a course - we've decided that you should battle through the desert and then end up here.

The big downside for me was that you have no build instructions in the kit it all has to be downloaded through the app.  Make sure your device has full battery before you start, especially if you are building multiple sets in the series at the same time or else you can get in the situation I was in where 2 bags from the end my battery died.

The 1 minute timer does mean you have no hope of completing a large course.  I thought it would be nice if when you click Start on the app it asks you which kits you have your course built from and it adjusts the timer to suit.

Number Of Pieces: 431

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 1.25 Hours





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...