Thursday 24 September 2020

Lego Buggy 42101

 I have only recent started building the Technics line kits and I do find them a bit of a challenge so thought I would take a step back and try a tiny kit.  This was an inordinate amount of fun to build, although I will admit to getting a little lost in the orientation of pieces early in the build and had to strip it down by about 10 steps when I realised I mounted something the wrong way.  Was well worth persevering with and I was impressed by the finished piece.  The fact it has the working suspension bar makes me so happy as it has a lovely bounce action.

Large amount of stickers for the size of the piece but they are a reasonable size and applied fairly easily.  If you've read any of my other Lego kit reviews you will know I constantly complain about how bad I am at stickers but I think I only had to adjust one in this kit.  For once the stickers didn't make me sad!

When I finished the build I really, really wanted to build the race car option but I loved my little buggy and didn't want to deconstruct it (you WILL need the Lego Tool to strip a Technic kit back and they aren't included in the small kits).  So, as this was a lower priced kit I just bit the bullet and bought another one.  The instructions for the race car option are downloadable in .pdf format from Lego and at no additional charge.

The car build is fun but I was disappointed the suspension bar is not incorporated in to it as I love that piece.  Still, it gives me a spare for if I ever want to try and create my own vehicle (or whatever) from scratch.

Number Of Pieces: 117

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time:
Buggy - 0.75 Hours
Race car - 0.75 Hours







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...