Thursday 24 September 2020

I think I have a problem!

 So, with Covid-19 measures getting more and more restrictive in the UK the chances of me getting back to the office any time soon are minimal.  Haven't been out for a meal or to the pub for a drink since the end of February and that isn't going to change any time in 2020.  Couple this with the sinking feeling that we may be heading for full lockdown again I decided yesterday to have a little Lego splurge before the local Smyths is forced to close down.

Now, I am aware that delivery never stops and I could order direct from Lego BUT there is just something about the immediacy of buying in a store that trumps ordering it online and waiting for your delivery.  Only downside is that we don't have a Lego Store nearer than Manchester and that is 90 minutes away on the train.  Like I am going to go on Public Transport right now unless there is a good reason!  This means that big hauls don't earn me precious VIP Points - would be really nice if you could scan your receipts in and Lego gave you 50% of the VIP Points you would earn in store or online (think I'll email them that suggestion - bit late for me now as I always lose all my receipts).

Ended up going to Smyth's twice because the boy was a bit miffed when he got home from work that the other half and I had been.  Of course, even though I'd splurged already I couldn't help myself and got MORE.


The Death Star was the boy's splurge but the Star Wars Helmets are mine.  Going to order the TIE Fighter Helmet at the start of October after I've seen what the double VIP Points items are as might need to be getting myself a couple more kits.

Finally gave in and got the 1989 Batmobile after drooling over it every time we go to the Lego Aisle.  Even better they had the Creator Expert Diner back in stock and they also had the Bookshop.  So thrilled to get those.

Spent way more than I should have and I think my credit card provider may not be too happy but I am set for the rest of 2020 and well in to 2021.  Seeing as our usual week away in September/October is off the cards I figure I can say I'm repurposing those funds.

Also picked up the latest Super Mario game for the Nintendo Switch for the other half so he doesn't feel left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...