Tuesday 8 September 2020

Lego Adventures With Mario Starter Course 71360

 I'm old enough to have been playing Mario since the NES first came out and this really does emulate Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 perfectly.  Fun to build (although the boy built this particular section of the course) and looks great when finished.  Partly because of the colours chosen but also because you can genuinely mix and match all the pieces in to any order you like.  This gets even better when you have multiple series kits although the 1 minute timer does mean you have no hope of completing a large course.  I thought it would be nice if when you click Start on the app it asks you which kits you have your course built from and it adjusts the timer to suit.

Mario himself is really nicely rendered and the voice is accurate to the game Mario.  Fortunately you can turn the voice off as it did begin to grate after a bit of play.

The kit not only has the unique Mario figure but it also has the start pipe and the end flag.  Keep these separate if you have multiple kits to make building courses easier.

The big downside for me was that you have no build instructions in the kit it all has to be downloaded through the app.  Make sure your device has full battery before you start, especially if you are building multiple sets in the series at the same time or else you can get in the situation I was in where 2 bags from the end my battery died.  I would definitely have preferred to have a full instruction book with the kit.

I was tempted to mark this down because of my dissatisfaction with the build instruction situation but, you know what, it is such a fun kit to build and play I really couldn't bring myself to do it.

Number Of Pieces: 231

Approximate Price Per Piece: £4.62

Build Time: 45 Minutes







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...