Thursday 10 September 2020

Lego Bowser's Castle Boss Battle 71369

 This is the biggest set in the first cycle of the Super Mario Kits and is much more a traditional Lego build.  It also looks great as a centre piece on your display unit.  Probably my second favourite of the Lego kits in this theme.

Bowser actually jumps up and down because of the construction of the drawbridge.  Really fun to do and doesn't need the Starter Course to have fun with this set - of course you don't have Mario to defeat the boss if you do that.

Merges in really well with the rest of the Lava themed sets that are released up to now and you can easily separate the pieces out to build your course.  There's only really the main castle that needs to be kept as one piece.

The big downside for me was that you have no build instructions in the kit it all has to be downloaded through the app.  Make sure your device has full battery before you start, especially if you are building multiple sets in the series at the same time or else you can get in the situation I was in where 2 bags from the end my battery died.  This is the set where this happened to me and fortunately we had a backup of the app already downloaded to my sons phone so I pinched that in order to complete this BIG build.

The 1 minute timer does mean you have no hope of completing a large course.  I thought it would be nice if when you click Start on the app it asks you which kits you have your course built from and it adjusts the timer to suit.

Number Of Pieces: 1,010

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.09

Build Time: 3.25 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...