Wednesday 10 March 2021

Lego Jungle Dragon 71746

 I am absolutely obsessed with the Ninjago Dragons and I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this particular dragon.  Partly because of the colourway but also because the head moulding is substantially different to that of the other Ninjago series dragons that I have built (especially that fanged lower jaw).  I am pleased to report that I am NOT disappointed in the build or the look of the finished creature.

The build itself is fairly standard Lego creature creation.  The click and lock joint system has worked well for a number of years now and gets another run out here.  The beauty of this system is that it makes for a sturdy joint that locks in to the posed location so you can definitely have fun posing your dragon and then have the benefit of knowing it will stay put.  The tail itself is nicely articulated and whips about satisfylingly when moving the main torso.  The tail itself is held together with technic pins so you can't physically manipulate it in to different shapes but it does have a pleasing arc when constructed.

Can we just spare a minute to mention the Ninjago minifigures.  I am not a big minifigure fan, I appreciate a good figure but they aren't something that I set out to collect.  However, one of the BIG plus points of the Ninjago series are not only the quantity of minifigures that come with each set but also the design of them.  This one has skins for Lloyd and Zane that are brand new to go with the Island theme.  It also comes with Polerik and Thunder Keeper from the Island Theme.  Whilst the detailing on the heroes is great, for me, the bad guys win the day again.  It is not just down to the printed detail on the legs and torsos it is the overall concept that seals it for me and this seems to be a pattern with Ninjago.  (Please Note:  The green baseplate shown in the pictures is NOT included in the set, this is from my stash to make photographing the figures simpler).  I have to admit as much as I love Dragons getting the Thunder Keeper minifigure included was a major selling point for me.

The little touches such as a broken chain on the dragons leg, the think pointed tongue and the saddle on the dragons back just add to the overall fun look of the completed piece.  Add in a cool little ship for your heroes to swoop in to the island on and it makes a great playset or, in my case, a fun display piece.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 506

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 1.5 Hours

 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...