Monday 22 March 2021

Lego Jay and Lloyd's Velocity Racers 71709

 Primarily I collect the Ninjago range of Mechs and Dragons because they have a really good aesthetic.  The vehicle range tends ot leave me a bit cold but these little speedsters caught my eye and they looked small enough to easily slot in to my display.  This was a mistake, despite not being large they are certainly bigger than I anticipated and I did struggle squeezing them on to the Ninjago shelves.

Nicely sturdy when built they will stand up to quite a bit of play without collapsing on themselves.  Although, one or two bits are more prone to dropping off when zooming the vehicle about - yes, I did have a couple of chases on the build table after making them.

Some fun build techniques on both vehicles that keep you enjoying the build experience.  Be warned though, a lot of fiddly stickers are included so a bit of patience is needed to get them looking good on the finsihed vehicle.  Well worth it though as they do escalate the look of both vehicles when attached.

Number Of Pieces: 322

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.08

Build Time: 1 Hour








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...