Monday 22 March 2021

Lego Tree House 21318

 I sat on the fence for a long time with this particular set but everyone I spoke to online that had built it said it was an incredible build and well worth it.  So, I took the plunge and bought it and then it sat in my stash cupboard for about 3 months before I decided it was time to give the build a go.

This is a highly detailed set and I could not believe how much detailing there is in the little cabins that make up the Treehouse itself.  Lego also managed to squeeze a toilet in there (although Lego do seem to have a slight toilet fixation) alongside bunk beds, a little astronomy outpost and loads of other little bits an pieces.

The tree itself is a good sturdy build but I did find that attaching the cabins to the branches was quite tricky and it did take me a little bit of time to align them properly and then to push them in to place - it takes more force than you would think.  Even better there are colour codings above the doors for each cabin and these correspond to bricks used in the roof builds so even if you take all of them off either for play or display it is easy to see which roof goes where afterwards.  Nice little touch.

I built mine with the green leaf option and I have to admit I probably won't change them out with the seasons.

Number Of Pieces: 3036

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06

Build Time: 9.25 Hours









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...