Sunday 28 March 2021

Lego Hogwarts Moment:Potions Class 76383

 As a big Harry Potter fan i was on the fence initially about these books.  I knew I would get them but I wasn't sure if I was really in love with them.  One plus point for me is that each Moment is based around a class that is related to one of the houses and this reflected in the minifigures included and the overall colour choices for the book.

Potions - Slytherin

The book itself is quite small and falls somewhere between A6 and A5 when compared to actual paper sizes.  I did think they would be slightly larger based on the box size.  However, there is so much detail included in each classroom that I found I soon overcame the slight disappointment I felt on their size.

The Potions Class opens up to a full classroom scene that relies on it being laid out on a play surface.  Incorporating a blackboard with potion ingredients, shelving with a range of supplies and a host of little bits and pieces.  Of course it has some classroom furniture so Professor Snape can teach Seamus and Draco.  The way this particular Classroom is constructed means it splits in to 2 separate areas and this is really effective.  The detailing on the "spine" wall is exceptional and even incorporates a nice stylised snake.

I was surprised at how snuggly everything fits back in to the book so that you can fold everything away in true playset fashion.  Unfortunately, the minifigures do not fit in to the closed book so they do stand a high chance of being separated from the set.

My favourite display option is to have it open as the full book.  If you have all 4 of the series they do link together in to a circle which makes for a fun look.  It does take up a surprising amount of space though.

Overall an entertaining take on the Harry Potter franchise that was fun to build and offers a good balance between playability and display.  This is probably my favourite set, but it is close with the Hufflepuff offering!

Number Of Pieces: 271

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 45 Minutes






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...