Friday 19 March 2021

So this happened

 Just for context in 4 days time I will have been married for 30 years and my other half does not take part in the money pit that is Lego.  

 A week ago he offhandedly mentioned that he quite fancied building the Old Trafford Stadium set.  Now for anyone that follows English Football in even the most casual way they will know that Manchester United and Liverpool fans loathe each other (not really but it makes for good banter) and guess who he supports - yep LIVERPOOL.  So, I filed that rather stunning admission away in the back of my mind as anything that can sucker him in works for me (admittedly, this would mean I get to build less and it's bad enough with The Boy sniping me on sets but it would be magical if I could get his creative brain involved because I just know he could MOC the shit out of those bricks).

So, decision made to take a look at what was available online and John Lewis came through for me with the stadium on sale.  Unfortunately, they also seem to have Barracuda Bay on sale and I have been eyeing that set for so long.  Guess how that worked out?


The worst bit of it is I had already ordered my own Anniversary pressie from Amazon as they were slightly cheaper than from Lego:


The other half did tell me to get them a fortnight or more ago for when I was on Annual Leave and had 12 days off but I resisted the urge.  I can't get the Hogwart's Crest out of my head so talked myself in to why buying 4 of the darned things was a good idea.  Does still beggar the question why the whole crest is so cool and yet the individual crests suck ass.

I then felt a bit sorry for The Boy as we were both getting nice kits and he was getting nothing - not like he didn't buy himself The Medieval Blacksmith (yes, I am still bitching about that!) and The Colliseum recently but I'm a soft arse.  So, he has been on about The Final Duel for months and it was finally in stock at Lego Online which of course meant I needed to get him the latest Minecraft set as well cos got to keep up to date with that theme.  Big problem cos Keeper's Village is out and even worse there are new Brick Headz soooooo


 Yeah, my credit card took a batterin but I feel unbelievably happy to have our stash built up nicely.  Just waiting for The Boy to get in from work then he can help me lug it all upstairs and stash it away.

Also means I can build something and I can't decide what but build I will!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...