Monday 22 March 2021

Lego McLaren Senna GTR 42123

 First off, I am so disappointed that Lego didn't go with this model for the 1:8 Scale Technic release.  When I first saw the teaser images from Lego I was absolutely in love with this model and then when I found out it was roughly 1:16 I was disappointed.  It is so beautiful that it would make a fabulous addition to the larger builds.

There are a few pre-printed pieces in the set but a large portion of the decoration is by stickers.  Yep, sticker heavy but well worth persevering with as they elevate the look immeasurably.

The problem with the smaller Technic builds, for me, is that the engine block is simplified right down and that is my favourite bit of any Technic build.  Have to say I had a complete blast building this car and enjoyed every single second of it (you couldn't wipe the grin off my face as it grew into a beautiful vehicle from chunks of plastic).

Number Of Pieces: 830

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.05

Build Time: 3.5 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...