Monday 22 March 2021

Lego Land Rover Defender 42110

 This is definitely one for an experienced Technic builder - or for a novice that has access to an experienced builder.  It is nicely complex and the engine build is genuinely absorbing and detailed.  If working from the manual it can be difficult to deifne exactly where that small pin goes or how the sections you have just built slot together.  If you have built a fair few large Technic sets this is much easier to figure out OR you can cross your fingers and hope the set comes with Instructions PLUS online.  Unfortunately, this particular model doesn't have that feature so you are on your own but it is worth persevering with.

The detailing on the vehicle is great and it does look the business externally.  I particularly like the storage solutions on the roof and even the side mounted ladder to reach them.  The gearing system actually works (if you built it right!) and it does make this fun to actually play around with and although I doubt this would be purchased as a toy it is super strong and would handle some tough play.

Overall, this is one of the few builds I was genuinely upset to complete.  I was having such a good time constructing this vehicle it was disappointing when it was finished but it does look great on my vehicles shelf.  One of my favourite Technic builds due to the engine build (my favourite bit!)

Number Of Pieces: 2573

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06

Build Time: 11.25 Hours









 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...