Friday 25 June 2021

Lego R2D2 75308

 I am a huge original trilogy fan and I have to admit R2D2 is probably my favourite character across the three films.  Therefore, getting my hands on this little beauty was a complete no brainer.

I do have a couple of little niggles with the build:

1. The centre leg does not make contact with the ground, it always hovers slightly above.  I have checked my build several times and am unable to see anything that is aligned incorrrectly so I am going to say this is a design choice.  This does lead to balancing him for display with the centre leg out tricky.  So much so I have him as a bipedal display figure.

2. The mechanism for the centre leg is a little clunky and although it works it is a bit of a cross-your-fingers moment that it isn't all going to fall in bits when you tilt the body to release it.

Other than that he looks really impressive with my Yoda and The Child models.  Sizing is pretty good although he does come out more or less the same height as Yoda.

The detailing is excellent on the model and I love all the little bits and bobs they amanged to get in there.  Lets be honest though, this is definitely meant as a display piece so a lot of the cooler functions are never going to be used to their full extent as it is just sat on a shelf gathering dust and giving pleasure.

The speed of the build surprised me - I really did expect it to take me around 8 hours based on the piece count.  So, either my build speed is improving or this one is deceptively simple to construct (I'm going for the latter).

Number Of Pieces: 2314

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 5.75 Hours

 






Why not check out my full review on You Tube?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...