Wednesday 23 June 2021

Lego Ferrari 488 GTE "AF Corse #51" 42125

 As you can see from the product images there are a LOT of stickers on this set - 2 whole A4(ish) sheets of the darned things.  I have seen it built without the stickers applied and to be honest, you really do need to persist and persevere with attaching them as it really does elevate the look of the model.  The blank red base just doesn't cut it.

The build itself is an absolute joy.  I particularly enjoy building the Technic engine blocks (if we are being honest I would be happy just getting to the end of those steps and then leaving it).  Whilst this doesn't have the engine complexity of the Bugatti Chiron it is a sweet little build that satisified my enjoyment of complexity.

Having built the Porsche I was worried that the roof on this model would be "springy" as the Technic Porsche has that issue.  Either I did something wrong on that build or the designers have tweaked the build pattern as this one is nice and rigid.  All the external plates go together quite simply and I had few issues assembling those sections and usually that is the tough bit for me.

This looks fantastic on my display with the other larger Technic models that I am lucky enough to own.  The build experience was incredible and it was one of those builds that I felt slightly sad at completing as I was having so much fun.

Number Of Pieces: 1677

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 7 Hours






 Why not check out my full review on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...