Tuesday 29 June 2021

Lego Punk Pirate Ship 43114

 This was my last build of the current range of Lego Vidiyo sets and I definitely saved the best for last.  This is such a good looking piece of kit that I don't really know where to start with reviewing it.  I am going to give it a go though.

First off it comes with three minifigures and three unique beatbits; there are also 14 random beatbits included.  So plenty of options to add soun ds, dance moves and light effects in the app.  The figures are wonderfully detailed with complicated prints on the torsos and legs.  The figures in this set are:

Shark Guitarist
Mermaid Violinist
Squid Drummer

There is just something about plopping a mohawk on a shark that made my day!

The build itself is fairly standard Lego fare and is clearly explained in the build booklet supplied.  The colour choices on the ship really pop against the brown used for the hull and make it look exciting.  The plaque with the brick built hook on it that sits behind the drum kit is just a wonderful piece of detailing that just elevates this set.  

Like the other stages you can spin the speakers to show a different colour combination that ties in with one of the top box icons.  The two icons are a shark and a skull and I genuinely cannot decide which one is my favourite theming for the ship.  The use of an oyster shell piece as a figurehead is a stroke of genius as it almost looks dredged up from the sea.

Throw in a small backstage area with bottles of grog and there is plenty going on here.  This is aestheticvally spot on and it does look really good on display as well as for play use.  Although very definitely a stage in design there are play options with this set that make it something that little bit different to your usual brick builds.

I have not downloaded the Vidiyo App and I am actually not likely to.  I know that is what they are designed for but I will admit I got these more for the Minifigures than for any interest in making music videos through the App.  This does make the set seem expensive, however, if you are going to be using the Vidiyo App then you have to factor in the actual licensing costs to Universal and their Artists that make the App possible by uploading their back catalogue on there.

Overall this is a superb addition to the Vidiyo theme and well worth considering even if you will not be using the app.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 615

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 1.25 Hours













 Why not check out the unboxing and review of this set over on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...