Tuesday 22 June 2021

Lego Gru, Stuart and Otto 40420

 I love that this set concentrates on the more traditional denim dungareed Minions and I am pleasingly surprised at how well they translate in to a squarer look.  They are immediately recognisable as the character they represent which I was a little worried about, even with the pack shots and the images on the website.

There are no stickers, the eyes are pre-printed pieces.  I did think the Minion eyes would be stickers just because they are 1x4 round tiles but no, they are prints so always look great.

The Gru figure is so fun.  I love the use of the cheese slope to replicate his cowlick, works really well.  Even better his large nose is represented by a cheese slope which make me laugh as how could he be Gru without that big old conk!

These look great on display and the colours really pop and draw your eye.  I have them displayed in a high traffic area of the home and they make me smile every time I have to walk past them.

Definitely a great addition to the home for fans of the Minions franchise even if you don't have much Lego.

Number Of Pieces: 244

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.08

Build Time: 35 Minutes






 Why not check out my full review of this set on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...