Friday 25 June 2021

Lego Infinity Gauntlet 76191

 I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the completed model.  Even though the description clearly states it is 12.5" tall, it still didn't compute in my pea brain that the finished gauntlet is more or less human hand sized.  Maybe I have small hands but it more or less the same size as my hand, this pleased me more than is logical.

The build technique is fairly similar to the Lego helmets and the Brick Headz.  So you build a more or less solid cube of Lego and use S.N.O.T. techniques to attach the plates that comprise the wrist coverings to it.  The fingers are attached using hooks and bars so they bend from the base.  With the use of more hook and bar techniques along their length the fingers are fully articulated.  This leads to an amazing array of display options and it is also a lot of fun to manipulate them.

There is no getting away from mentioning the elephant in the room with this build.  That is all the gold pieces.  Beleive you me the exterior build is absolutely dripping in gold.  I thought it would have been highlight pieces with a bit of clever photography but NO there are a lot of gold pieces in this set and a lot of them are quite large, the inclusion of so many gold shield pieces is awesome as they are a wonderfully versatile piece and you don't get them in many sets.  Even better all the infinity stones are represented:

Blue - Space
Red - Reality
Purple - Power
Yellow - Mind
Green - Time
Orange - Soul

This is very definitely a display piece and it looks awesome on the display unit.  I was excited to get the opportunity to build this piece but now I've completed it I am happier with it than I thought possible.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 590

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 1.75 Hours










 Why not check out my full review of this set on You Tube?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...