Friday 25 June 2021

Lego Jungle Rescue Base 41424

 I was really impressed with this set and not just the finished look of the unit, the build techniques are really interesting and brought something new to the table for me.  Particularly the build of the little bridge between the two trees it was fun to put together and something completely new to me which made it really interesting for someone who has built a LOT of kits over the past 12 months.

The real draw for me on this set was the included animals - the 2 sloth figures are incredibly cute and designed to hang off the trees or the bridge.  The fact the baby elephant was in pink made me laugh a lot.  They are all single moulded so come as the complete animal, even the large blue elephant which means they will stand up to vigorous play.  There are only 3 minidolls with the set but as they are not too disparate in size to a minifigure you can add from your stash to flesh out the populace of your set  (my crocodile lives in the river even if he is from  a Hidden Side set).

The main build is two trees one of which houses a little treatment centre and the other has a little control centre with a slide to get back down - yes the minidolls do slide nicely in it.  Throw in a little picnic area, a bunk house, a stand alone tree, a drone and a little buggy there is a lot going on here.  Although clearly intended to be a veterinary centre this could be used for loads of different play scenarios.  As a display piece it does look great and the bright colours really make this stand out, despite being on a low, dark shelf.

I am fairly new to the Friends range but the more I build from it the more I absolutely love the builds and the thematics.

Number Of Pieces: 648

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.12

Build Time: 2 Hours










 Why not check out my full review on You Tube?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...