Tuesday 22 June 2021

Lego Imperial Probe Droid 75306

 When I saw the official pre-release images of this build I was a little bit disappointed as I do love a Droid build.  However, the more times I stumbled across the images on my social media the more I started to fall in love with this model.  By the time it was offered for pre-order I was more than ready to whip my credit card out.

I am SO glad that I did.  This was such a fun build, if a little fiddly with all those little articulated "legs" - bit tricky when you have clumsy fingers like me but the finish means it is worth the muttered cursing when you break bits off fixing the next piece to the leg.  Because of the build techniques used they are nicely articulated and I have found I do manipulate them as I walk past the display.

The stand is an incredible addition to the set.  The thought given to recreating Hoth for the display is incredible and really paid off.  From a little snowy mountain to the small drift on the information plaque it just finishes it to perfection.

Fabulous display piece that makes this AFOL incredibly happy every time I look at it (oh and it JUST fits on a standard bookcase shelf - the top antenna scrapes along the bottom of the shelf above but it doesn't bend.  Snug fit to say the least!)

Number Of Pieces: 683

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.09

Build Time: 1.75 Hours







 Why not check out my full review on You Tube?  Click on the image below to go straight to the review:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...