Tuesday 22 June 2021

Lego Heartlake City Movie Theatre 41448

 4.5 Stars

I have been eyeing this set for a while and finally took the plunge.  My only really downside is the colour choices, it doesn't really fit in with my other Friends city sets and sticks out like a sore thumb against the more pastel facades of the other buildings in the range - to be honest that is why it is marked down a little bit.

I'm going to come right out and say it - for me the Friends Theme wins hands down against the Lego City Theme for building your own little city.  Just suits my aesthetic more.  They may be minidoll scale but as minidolls are only fractionally larger than the mini figures this is not a drawback at all.  In fact, I actually quite like the minidolls now I have worked with them a  few times.

As a playset this is a great idea, there is a lot of hinge use so you can open the sides up for easy play access.  Throw in a teeny tiny little theatre space with a couple of seats so your minidolls can actually watch that latest blockbuster premiere and there is a lot you can do with this both for display and for general play.  For some reason the photo op backdrop with the Friends logo makes me giggle and works well as a fun little inclusion.

Nothing really new in the way of build techniques but the Art Deco-esque fan on the canopy is quirky and makes for a fun build out of unusual pieces (I've never had many of the heart shaped baseplates before so they are a good addition).  Plenty of stickers to decorate the set but they are worth persevering with as they do make the set look much more complete.

Overall this is a fun little set it is just the colour choices that bemused me.

Number Of Pieces: 451

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 1.25 Hours







 Why not check out my You Tube Review for this set:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...