Saturday 26 June 2021

Lego Batboat The Penguin Pursuit 76158

 Moment of honesty - I bought this set purely because I wanted that Rubber Duckie boat.  Honestly, how can any sane adult resist the lure of that?

I am so glad I got this set as even though it is a 4+ kit it is beautifully detailed.  For some reason my brain equates these sets with large pieces and not much detailing - yeah, I was WRONG (anyone taking notes - mark this moment it doesn't happen often...lol).

The Batboat itself looks great and despite using few pieces to get a minifigure scale vehicle it has lots of lovely details packed in there.  I particularly like the fin/wing pieces on the back end; they just elevate the look from "Oh, it's a Batman vehicle" to "Oooooooo, look a Batboat".

The Rubber Duck Boat did not disappoint and it makes me incredibly happy to look at it.  So much so I am thinking of relocating the finished set so I can see it whilst working - definitely need that mood boost some days.

The minifigure prints are actually pretty good.  I am old enough to remember when minifigures were first introduced and I can hardly believe how far they have come in the past 45(ish) years.  The Penguin and Batman are certainly exponents of the lots of detail that enhance the overall feel of the set.

Honestly, as a kit aimed at the first real Lego build market for little fingers this is an incredible set and will enhance any collection.  Don't be put off by the 4+ tag, yes it means it is a quick build but it is a worthwhile one.

Number Of Pieces: 54

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.17

Build Time: 10 Minutes








 Why not check out my full review on You Tube?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...