Wednesday 21 April 2021

Lego Dragster 42103

 I am a massive fan of the technic line and although I always put off the smaller sets as I love a big build I was actually quite excited to start this kit.  The pull back mechanism is an awesome inclusion and gives a lot of fun playability to the set - but, be careful they do have a tendency to run the full length of my table and need catching before they hit the floor.

The main build here is the Dragster and it even comes with the ability to run it with the front wheels lifted off the ground.  I didn't find this as smooth to operate as all 4 wheels on the ground when playing but your mileage may vary (pun not intended but I'll go with it).  Looks really cool when built, I was surprised how nice the end vehicle was at it did look a little basic on the box art.  This is one case where the stickers really do elevate the finished product and give it a nice dimensionality if you are adding it to your display.

The second build is the Hot Rod which is probably my favourite version of the build.  Instructions for this build need to be downloaded from Lego but come in .pdf format so you can access them from more or less any electronic device.  I use my tablet as it is a 10" screen so makes them easy to read.

Fun to build with a lot of familiar Technic techniques.  This would definitely be a great introduction set to the range but be warned, they are addicting!

Number Of Pieces: 225

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.08

Build Time
Dragster - 1 Hour
Hot Rod - 45 Minutes







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...