Thursday 29 April 2021

Lego Year Of The Ox 40417

 Being relatively new to Lego collecting, building and generally having fun with a plastic construction toy I wasn't aware of the Lunar New Year range.  The actual animal figures are generally a Gwift With Purchase item so there is now way I would have known about it because they seem to get released in the January and go PDQ.  I was lucky enough to get the Ox figure but held off building him as I was waiting for the Spring Festival to come in to stock.

Now I have finally built him I am impressed by the figure.  Sort of a cross between a Brick Headz build and a standard system brick construction he has a definite look to him that encapsulates the animal without being faithful to the actual biological creature.  Fun to build and looks great tucked on the shelf next to the Spring Festival.

I really enjoyed the inclusion of a red lined gift envelope.  Definitely fits well with the tradition of cash for the New Year.

Number Of Pieces: 168

Approximate Price Per Piece: Gift With Purchase

Build Time: 25 Minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...